|Start your week right with the Data Center Download here in the Server Room! This post wraps up everything new in the Server Room, the Cloud Builder Forum, and our Data Center Experts around the web. This is your chance to catch up on all of the blogs, podcasts, webcasts, and interesting items shared via Twitter from the previous week.|
Hereâ€™s our wrap-up of the best of data center news in and around Intel since July 21st:
*Please note there is a change on The Server Room Forums. Ask an Expert is no longer located on the Server Room. You can find the server technical support forum by going to: http://communities.intel.com/community/tech/servers.
Please update any bookmarks you may have.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
In the Blogs:
Broadcasted Across the Web:
Rich Libby from the Eco-Technology program office discusses how to make the world more efficient in the office and home using smart grid technology with an upcoming technology called WEST - Wireless Energy Sensing Technology.
In this Conversations in the Cloud podcast Greg Bruno, VP of Engineering from StackIQ, talks about the companyâ€™s focus in the HPC, big data, and the cloud markets and using StackIQ Rocks for managing the end-to-end stack.
In the Cloud Builders Webcast: Anticipating Unknown IT Needs with Flexible Building Blocks
When going to the cloud what's important? Security, reliability and flexibility. In this webcast, NetApp and Intel come together to share key learning's on how they build an open and flexible cloud reference architecture using VMware's ESX, NetApp Unified Storage Systems and Intel Unified 10 Gb Ethernet adapters. Learn how VMware, NetApp and Intel are uniquely positioned to help you evolve your virtualized IT infrastructure to a cloud computing model.
On Channel Intel:
In the Social Stream:
- #AMD #Nvidia losing market share to #Intel which now commands 60% of GPU market - http://j.mp/opfuh9
- Lightning takes down a #datacenter. Are solar explosions next? http://ow.ly/6118w
- Silver lining for cloud computing and the environment http://nyti.ms/ripNjG
- Bloom Energy to power data center with biogas http://cnet.co/qLIgg1
- Dell Introduces OpenStack Cloud Solution http://sns.mx/uCeiy5
- How Facebook moved 30 petabytes of Hadoop data http://dlvr.it/csLnh
- Fresh-Air cooling in dirty urban environments http://bit.ly/n66IUM - think twice
- Chris Malone at Google Data Center Efficiency Summit http://bit.ly/pDaJ40
- Largest data breaches of all time http://bit.ly/p2MZYt via @flowingdata
- McAfee releases report identifying major global cybersecurity threats http://nyti.ms/pSMwQG
- IPv6 spelling bee for hackers at Defcon http://nyti.ms/oGfyFC
- The NSA needs more hackers http://nyti.ms/p6qMpL
- SeaMicro Packs 768 Cores Into its Atom #Server http://ow.ly/5H0jv
- Reading about Zynga's private cloud strategy - zCloud http://bit.ly/qIU9me #cloudstack & #rightscale named as best of breed. Let's play!
- Not a surprise > Solid State Drive Adoption Increasing: via @eWeek.com http://bit.ly/pLoaB6
- VMware starts to concede, PaaS on rise: VMware Licensing Change Opens Doors for Competing Virtualization, Cloud Prvdrs http://bit.ly/obV97r
- RT @bradshaf: Pretty good summary on value of OpenStack to Rackspace Â« Data Center Knowledge: http://bit.ly/q9WrpX
- A worthwhile read: Cloud Standards Get Customer Push via @eWeek.com http://bit.ly/odl5nn
- From #intel IT: "Our cloud investments have already paid for themselves AND returned $17M in cash savings " http://bit.ly/nOEOqV