This year at RSA, Intel will showcase new advancements in data center security that combine new tools, new hardware, and new capabilities. Beginning with the microprocessors and extending up through hardware, firmware, and system layers, Intel products are designed with technologies that help harden system surfaces to create a secure, trusted foundation for computing. From AI protected by Intel® Software Guard Extensions (Intel® SGX), to crypto-jacking malware in the cloud identified with Intel® Threat Detection Technology (Intel® TDT), Intel and the ecosystem are delivering security innovations that can change the way the industry thinks about hardware security.
Earlier this week, Intel announced the new Intel® SGX card, which will bring in-memory data protections to more types of data center platforms. Intel also recently delivered a new feature for Intel SGX called flexible launch control. This feature enables a company’s data center operations to set and manage their own unique security policies for launching enclaves. It also provides controlled access to sensitive platform identification information. And there are new capabilities in Intel® TDT to address the expanded demand for hardware-assisted threat protection and attack prevention technologies and system recovery use cases.
Visit the Intel Booth #N6173
I am really looking forward to the demos and presentations Intel has planned for RSA this year. We’re located in Moscone North Expo Hall, booth N6173, from Tuesday, March 5th through Thursday, March 7th. We’ll have more than a dozen demos and lots of theater sessions where you can hear directly from Intel and ecosystem experts on the latest security trends and innovations. Just some of the great demos and theater presentations will include:
- Intel® SGX Ready for Cloud Platforms - come see me talk about this and the Intel® SGX Card at the Intel theater at 4:30pm on Tuesday, March 5th
- Data Privacy on Enterprise Blockchain with R3 Corda*
- Secure Blockchain on Alibaba Trusted Cloud*
- Fortanix* Runtime Encryption Platform for Intel SGX
- Trusted and Secure AI Applications with MesaTEE from Baidu*
- Running Unmodified Applications on Intel® SGX with Graphene* - demo’d on the new Intel SGX Card
- Secure Software-Defined Networking with Cisco* and F5*
- Intel Cyber Intelligence Platform with Splunk*
- Fighting Cryptojacking with Hardware
As you can see, it’s going to be a fantastic showcase of our latest hardware and software security innovations. I hope you can join us onsite. Follow @jschrater and @IntelSecurity to get live tweets from the show floor.