I’ve been using PCs for about 30 years. I work with them professionally, and I enjoy exploring them at home as a hobby. I’m also the “IT guy” for my family and friends, so I get lots of questions about which PC to buy or what can be done to make their current PC work better. The single biggest boost I’ve found whether it’s for work or play is to ditch your hard disk drive (HDD) and switch to a solid state drive (SSD).
Why? Because SSDs are fast. SSDs are reliable. SSDs contribute to longer battery life in laptops. An SSD is a storage device for your computer, replacing your HDD. Like the flash card in your camera, or storage in your mobile phone, SSDs store data on non-volatile memory chips, and are designed specifically for PC and computing device storage. If you don’t love your PC, you’ve probably got an HDD in it!
Not all SSDs are the same though. Intel has been developing non-volatile memory products for decades and launched mainstream SSDs in 2008. Intel’s SSDs are designed, manufactured and validated to deliver great reliability, performance that matters, low power consumption and a complete set of software tools, all backed by Intel’s live support and warranty. Intel knows computing platforms; Intel knows non-volatile memory; Intel knows data. Expect more, do more, with an Intel SSD.
Here are a few ways in which you can expect and do more with Intel SSDs:
- At home: I manage more than 200,000 family pictures. In addition to the fast image transfers I get with SSDs, I appreciate the great reliability of Intel SSDs…I don’t want to lose my images! (Always back up your data too!)
- In a classroom: Read about how a school district used Intel SSDs to increase instruction time.
- At work: Read about how Intel uses Intel SSDs to enhance user experience while managing encryption across the environment.
Today Intel announced the availability of several new SSDs for the home, business and embedded markets.
- Intel® SSD 540s Series for mainstream PCs. If you are building a new PC, or want to replace an HDD in an existing PC, this is the product for you.
- Intel® SSD Pro 5400s Series for business PCs. This product supports security and manageability features that are expected with business PCs, and is qualified with major PC brands. If you are buying a new system, ask for an Intel SSD!
- Intel® SSD E 5400s Series for the embedded and Internet of Things (IoT) markets. This new category of products is targeted at non-PC computing devices such as vending machines, ATMs, sensor hubs, etc….
These products are all designed to deliver to the same high standards that you expect from Intel. New with these products are capacities up to 1TB with the 540s Series and Pro 5400s Series. The E 5400s Series is the first product in our Embedded Family, offering security and manageability features, lower capacities and extended supply life for use in special applications.
For the last 7-8 years, SSDs have been taking the place of HDDs in business laptops and enthusiast desktops, enabling better experiences. With rapid technology improvements, SSDs are getting faster, more dense (higher capacity) and less expensive. It’s time that everyone get the benefits of a better computing experience. Ditch your HDD and Switch to an Intel SSD!
Thanks for your time!