A review of the abstracts for the Intel sessions at HP Discover yields a general theme, which characterizes Intel’s unique partnership with HP. This relationship bridges the gap between users and IT with a new wave of devices that users will want to use for both work and play – take me, for example – I plan on dressing up with wearables for this conference. The theme is reinforced by other sessions where Intel serves up the central processing power with HP providing the surrounding environment that defines the consumer experience. As I gear up to present on Cloud, New Style of IT and the Internet of Things, I also appreciate Intel’s presence at the heart of IT. Let me elaborate further.
The partnership is akin to other real-life scenarios. For example:
- An automobile (HP) creates an experience that matters to the driver while the transmission continues to relentlessly churn out the cycles (Intel) that deliver the basic functionality of motion from point A to point B.
- A successful restaurant creates an ambiance that delivers the right customer experience overall (HP) while the culinary experts process (Intel) the raw ingredients that serve up delicious entrees on the menu.
Analogies apart, take these sessions for example that highlight HP on the outside and Intel inside.
- DT4067 - Bridging the gap between users and IT leads the way with HP and Intel sharing information about a new wave of devices with new capabilities to make users more productive beyond performance and battery life. Users no longer have to sacrifice on experience to get what they want in a device.
- DT4068 — Intel and HP: Powerful relief for datacenter pain points. Intel products, such as enterprise-class Solid State Drives, 10GbE solutions and processors for HP 3PAR storage, prevent the bottlenecks of high latencies and slow I/O. These products address the challenges posed by the New Style of IT; positioning enterprises to gain a competitive edge. Of course, enterprises can be more effective with a New Style of Leadership (DT3501).
- DT4069 — Sharks and chips: Real time data management optimized for SAP HANA. “Sharks” in the form of the HP ConvergedSystem 900 powered by “Chips” (i.e., the Intel® Xeon® processor), come together to provide a platform with unmatched scalability that is optimized for in-memory computing that can be deployed in the Cloud model you choose using the right formula for transformation.
- BB4360 — New rack-scale computing platform, delivering best performance for your budget. HP has engineered a new platform to deliver 4x better performance per dollar / per watt than a competing blade. Just like a partner would, Intel explains how it maximizes performance per core within the same power and space envelope for its Electronic Design Automation (EDA).
There you have it. HP on the outside/Intel on the inside. In a world where we are being our own devices, HP and Intel excel at bridging the gap between external user experience and the enabling technology inside, which is the essence of the DT4067 session.
Team up with HP Technology Expert, E.G.Nadhan