Intel is ALL IN on AI.
Intel CEO Brian Krzanich announced that Intel has invested more than $1 billion in businesses that are advancing the field of AI, saying, “We are 100% committed to creating the roadmap of optimized products to support emerging mainstream AI workloads.” These investments have come through the Intel Capital investment fund and include financing for a number of AI startups, including Data Robot, Mighty AI, as well as acquisitions, including Altera, Nervana Systems, and Movidius, just to name a few.
We’ve gained significant ecosystem support since launching Intel AI, among both academia and commercial developers. For example:
- Over 400 universities engaged
- Over 67,000 students trained
- Over 170 student ambassadors
Enterprise customers are using AI on Intel today. We offer optimized topologies for numerous AI workloads, including image recognition, object detection/localization, speech recognition, language translation, and much more. These capabilities can be applied across a wide array of industry verticals and use cases, including:
|Industry||Examples of AI Use Cases|
|Government||• Satellite and Drone imaging for safety, security, natural disaster recovery|
|Energy||• Predictive maintenance, health & safety, operational improvement|
|Finance||• Document analysis for fraud detection, trade order fulfillment, trading history search|
|Healthcare||• Medical imaging analysis, drug discovery & research, genomics|
|Media & Entertainment||• Sentiment analysis/ emotion detection|
|Transport||• Transportation as a Service, in-car infotainment|
|Retail||• Optimization of the shopping experience, including supply chain, marketing, product merchandising, customer loyalty|
But what makes Intel special is that it’s uniquely positioned to accelerate enterprise growth. Why?
- Scale: As the worldwide leader in compute, Intel is in a strong position to lead in AI. Customers can begin their AI journey with their existing Intel® CPU resources. This includes the ability to achieve almost any deep learning (DL) throughput—now that many of the most popular DL frameworks are optimized for performance and scale using Intel® Xeon® CPU infrastructure.
- AI Portfolio: Intel has the broadest AI portfolio, delivering compute, software, and solutions from edge-to-cloud, including purpose-built silicon acceleration, value-added software tools, turnkey cloud & appliance platforms, and even full-stack solutions, to ensure that our customers and developers have what they need to best solve their AI challenges.
- Research: Intel’s R&D investments will expand the frontier of AI computing into the next decade. These efforts include cutting-edge research on neuromorphic and quantum computing, storage, memory, communications technology, and algorithms, all aimed at removing barriers to AI advancements.
- Ecosystem: Intel invests heavily in ecosystem enabling to accelerate progress through industry collaboration with a diverse group of developers, academia, start-ups, government entities, and enterprise customers.
To continue this focus on accelerating enterprise and ecosystem growth via key partners, today we announced the Intel® AI Builders Partner Program, a market enablement program primarily for software vendors, systems integrators, hardware OEMs, and enterprise end-users.
Intel® AI Builder member benefits include:
- Technical enablement with access to Intel® AI Academy, an exclusive Intel® AI DevCloud for Builders members, and technical support to optimize their solution.
- Co-Marketing of partners’ optimized solutions via various Intel® channels.
- Match-making optimized partners with Intel® enterprise customers.
- Investment via Intel Capital for select start-ups.
Enterprise customers may also use Intel® AI Builders as a one-stop-shop to find optimized solutions on Intel® AI technologies. Intel® AI Builders members provide value and solutions across the innovation cycle and deployment process:
- End-to-end solutions
- Augmenting data/data labeling and loading
- Experimenting with topologies
- Tuning hyper-parameters
- Providing machine learning and deep learning tools
- Supporting inference inputs
- Supporting deployment
To learn more about Intel® AI Builders and how to join, please go to https://builders.intel.com/ai. To find out more about the announcement, please read the Intel News Byte https://newsroom.intel.com/news/intel-ai-builders-program-accelerates-ai-enterprise-ecosystem-growth/.