During the 2013 Intel IT Experts Tour, an audience of IT professionals showed great concern and interest in the challenges of protecting their computing environments from cyber security threats. As part of Intel’s IT outreach program, I discussed the state of security, IT challenges, and audience’s concerns with protecting their electronic ecosystem, users, and information.
- IT and security professionals must communicate
- Computing trends add to rising complexity for security
- Malware growth represents investments by attackers
- People, not just technology, are part of the security problem
- Attacks are moving down the stack to hardware
- Layered and Defense-in-Depth strategies are crucial for comprehensiveness
- Hardware enhanced security enriches protection
- Intel and McAfee are committed to be trusted security advocates and partners
Intel security professionals regularly reach out in open and candid discussions to help the IT community. Intel is committed to help keep computing safe and be a trusted advocate of security.
Where to find me:
In Person: Delivering a keynote presentation at Cyberstrat 2014 in Helsinki on January 22.
On Twitter: @Matt_Rosenquist
My Blog: Information Security Strategy
IT Peer Network: My previous posts
My work: Linkedin