SAP SAPPHIRE NOW and ASUG (Americas’ SAP Users’ Group) Annual Conference pulls into Orlando on May 16–18, promising insights into the latest data center technology trends and cutting-edge solutions from SAP and its ecosystem of partners. Of course, Intel will be there too, as Intel is one of SAP’s key technology partners, with a rich shared history that counts over two decades worth of close collaboration and co-engineering. Intel arrives with a schedule filled with keynote action, tech talks, and demos of the latest advances from Intel and its technology partners.
Put These Highlights on Your SAP SAPPHIRE Schedule
On Tuesday, May 16 at 9:45, plan to attend the opening keynote address of Bernd Leukert, a member of SAP’s Executive Board for Products and Innovation. Bernd’s topic will be “When Strategy Becomes Software,” and he will be joined onstage by Diane Bryant, president of Intel’s Data Center Group. I’m looking forward to hearing Diane discuss upcoming Intel® Xeon® platforms and other soon-to-arrive Intel® technologies that will help optimize performance and lower TCO for SAP HANA* infrastructures.
Another must-attend session takes place later on Tuesday, when at noon Intel’s Lisa Davis, vice president and general manager for IT Modernization, joins Daniel Schneiss, SAP’s global head of product development for database and data management, to discuss the topic Innovation with an In-Memory Data Platform for Intelligent Applications. As part of the presentation, Lisa will showcase new Intel memory technologies that have the potential to optimize SAP HANA performance, lower TCO & increase uptime, whether in the data center or the cloud.
Stop by Our Booth for More Activities
The Intel booth #669 will be a hub for discovery and excitement throughout the SAP SAPPHIRE show. Join us for these live demos featuring joint SAP and Intel platforms.
- IoT Connected Worker Safety: This demo demonstrates real-time incident reporting and worker safety applications for industrial environments, built on the joint SAP/Intel IoT platform and Intel® IoT Gateway.
- IoT Drones for Emergency Response: The demo will demonstrate an emergency scenario with a loss of power, perhaps an earthquake, where drones act as cell towers and provide lifesaving data through the SAP Leonardo* platform.
- SAP HANA Express* Predictive Maintenance and Service (PdMS) on Intel® NUC: The demo presents a scenario where PdMS management tools run as a virtual machine set up on an Intel NUC loaded with VMware and 3D XPoint™
- Intel memory technologies: As a follow-on to Lisa Davis’ session with SAP’s Daniel Schneiss, the same demo will be hosted in booth for the balance of the week. Come learn how new persistent memory technologies will brighten the future for all SAP HANA customers.
Also in booth at SAP SAPPHIRE, we will feature over 30 tech talks presented by industry experts from Intel and our partners. Be sure to catch the following sessions:
- May 16, 1:30pm, Craig Cmehil, Global Director for Developer Relations, SAP: The Power of an Enterprise Server & Analytics on Your Desktop, Meet SAP HANA Express Edition
- , May 17, 2:30pm, Merlin Yamssi, Solution Advisor Expert, IoT and Digital Supply Chain, SAP: Using SAP Leonardo Edge, Intel IoT Gateways, and Wind River Helix Device Cloud to Manage IoT Devices on the Edge
Of particular interest will be a series of in-booth presentations by Dr. Matthieu-P. Schapranow, program manager in E-Health and Life Sciences at SAP’s Hasso Plattner Institute. Schapranow’s presentations (1pm on Wed. May 17 and 3pm on Thurs. May 18) address topics about the real-time analysis of medical big data.
Ia number o will also be speaking at f sessions during SAP SAPPHIRE, where I’ll discuss how SAP and Intel deliver a purpose-built processor and platform combination that has been optimized to deliver performance, scalability, security and reduced complexity. Catch me Tuesday, May 17 at 2:30 in the Intel booth #669 or on Wednesday, May 18 at 1:00 in the HPE booth #456 or at 3:15 in the Lenovo booth #811 where I’ll be presenting more about co-innovation between Intel and SAP.
We’ll also be speaking with Jeff Word, the interviewer and journalist now working with ASUG, on a number of podcasts. I’ll let you know when the recordings are available.
Read about SAP / Intel Collaboration
Intel and SAP have worked together closely for over 20 years, and today the rich co-engineering relationship is stronger than ever, as the following joint papers attest. My blog SAP Crests the Forrester Wave for Predictive Analytics and Machine Learning explains why machine learning is the next logical step for our long collaboration. Forrester evaluated 23 machine learning applications and positioned SAP as a leader in the predictive analytics and machine learning market. At the core of SAP’s machine learning offering is SAP HANA, which is optimized for Intel® Xeon® processors both as an in-house appliance and as a public-cloud-based configuration. Read to learn why the SAP HANA platform on Intel Xeon processor-based servers is a top-ranked foundation for running SAP predictive analytics for machine learning.
Intel and SAP have also collaborated on a joint IoT retail platform. The solution brief Solve Age-Old Inventory-Management Issues describes how Intel and SAP technologies work together to create a real-time sensor network that enables a core-to-edge IoT retail solution. At the store level, edge processing platforms continuously integrate the inventory, movement, and tracking of retail goods while linking with business processes at the core to make retail operations smarter, alleviate inventory-based issues and pass the benefits onto the customer.
For another example of the breadth of Intel-SAP collaboration, read the solution brief Innovation Is Yours for the Taking, which describes how platforms built on SAP HANA 2 and Intel® Xeon® processor E7 v4 can help drive innovation and digital transformation. Together, these co-engineered technologies provide a solid foundation for a high-performing, analytics-ready data center, with optimal performance for in-memory processes. If you’d rather take in this information in a visual format, check out this infographic.
See You in Orlando!
Stop by the Intel booth #669 at #SAPPHIRENOW to say hello, and connect with me at @TimIntel and #TechTim for the latest news on Intel and SAP.