At my first Infocomm as part of the Intel Unite® solution team, I am excited to be surrounded by other leaders in the AV industry. We are making critical advancements, like our announcement of the Intel Unite® Cloud Service, that will bring modern, seamless collaboration to employees and students across a wide range of organizations. Our customers now have choice in how they want to deploy the Intel Unite® solution, whether that is in the cloud or on premises.
I have felt the pain of trying to start a meeting on time. It’s a familiar experience: you enter a collaboration space and try to dial in and connect to a call, while looking for the right dongle to share content on the display. It causes frustration, frenzy, and lost time and productivity. I’m thrilled to be leading Intel’s effort to support customers with our easy, scalable solution, as it benefits large and small businesses, school districts, healthcare teams and others.
Customized and scalable experiences
Delivering a productive, consistent collaboration experience requires significant resources for businesses – people, money, time. That’s why a key capability of the Intel Unite® solution is its open and flexible platform. This allows seamless integration with existing collaboration technologies, so you can maximize current investments and provide an experience addressing your end users’ unique needs. The Intel Unite® solution aims to provide organizations of all sizes with capabilities that enable scalable experiences across room types and users at a reasonable price.
To support platform openness, we have designed the Intel Unite® solution to work across most client operating systems and devices, whether Apple*, Microsoft*, Android*, or Linux*. We also work with partners in the industry to build plugins that enable easy integration with existing hardware, peripherals, and other collaboration apps.
Plugins from our partners are available for download and use in our Intel Unite® App Showcase. In our booth this year, we are pleased to showcase some of our ecosystem of plugins, supporting our latest capabilities on the Intel Unite® solution.
Enabling a smart collaboration experience with software
Smart collaboration tools enhance the user experience in your collaboration spaces. We work with partners to continuously innovate and bring the best possible collaboration environment to all. Here are some of the partner technologies you can see in our booth:
• Bluescape Enterprise allows you to quickly start a meeting using the Intel® Unite solution with Bluescape’s online whiteboard and collaboration canvas, helping participants focus, make better decisions, and easily follow discussion flows.
• AgileQuest Forum’s room booking software helps to kick start any meeting and eliminate unnecessary setup time that eats into productivity and collaboration.
• Nureva has developed two plugins for the Intel Unite® solution that bring together the full collaboration experience. The Intel Unite® plugin for the Nureva™ HDL300 audio conferencing system enables users to adjust volume and mute from their client device, while the Intel Unite® solution plugin for Nureva Sketch delivers walk up and use digital whiteboarding for collaboration sessions.
• Current powered by GE Daintree plugin enables lighting control directly from the Intel Unite® client app, eliminating the need for participants to fiddle with wall switches to adjust lighting levels in the room.
• FlatFrog drives interactive collaboration and ideation in meetings. Merging Intel Unite® with FlatFrog’s digital whiteboards enables a more modern way to meet, express ideas and increase productivity.
Collaboration peripherals for additional use cases
Every organization has different needs for productive collaboration. We work with industry partners to integrate the Intel Unite® solution into technologies that support various collaboration requirements, from helping teachers better serve their students to facilitating remote video conferencing, such as:
• HoverCam with the Intel Unite® solution is designed for the classroom to give teachers more control on how they engage and share information with their students.
• Yamaha’s Intel Unite® plugin for the Yamaha CS-700 Video Conferencing System and the Yamaha YVC-1000, YVC-300 and YVC200 USB Conference Phones makes collaboration more efficient by enabling seamless audio video control.
• Jabra PanaCast people detection and counting data (PDC) technology with 180-degree field of view video and real-time intelligent sensing capabilities combined with Intel Unite® solution enables intelligent room resources management and easy collaboration.
If you want to learn more about what the Intel Unite® solution can do for you, please see us at Infocomm in booth 3300. You can also visit one of our panel discussions.
• The Future of Workspace Design - 6/11, 1:30 PM - 3:00 PM
• Wireless Presentations Systems and BYOD Implementation - 6/12, 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM
• Using Meeting Room Data to Improve User Experience - 6/12, 9:30 AM - 11:00 AM
• Scalable Meeting Room Design - 6/13, 1:30 PM - 2:30 PM
For more information about the panel times and locations, check out the Infocomm event website.
In the meantime, you can learn more about the Intel Unite solution at intel.com/unite.
Check out the blog from Tom Garrison to learn more about Intel Unite® Cloud Service and solutions from our hardware partners.
Legal Notice and Disclaimers
Intel technologies' features and benefits depend on system configuration and may require enabled hardware, software or service activation. Performance varies depending on system configuration. No product or component can be absolutely secure. Check with your system manufacturer or retailer or learn more at intel.com.
Cost reduction scenarios described are intended as examples of how a given Intel- based product, in the specified circumstances and configurations, may affect future costs and provide cost savings. Circumstances will vary. Intel does not guarantee any costs or cost reduction.
Intel, the Intel logo, Intel Unite and Intel vPro are trademarks of Intel Corporation or its subsidiaries in the U.S. and/or other countries.
*Other names and brands may be claimed as the property of others.
© Intel Corporation