- Collaborative approach IT, HR and Information Security
- Intel's integrated architecture
- Intel's approach to determine early use cases, business value and vendor/solution evaluations
- Results of a security risk assessment
- Phased implementation plan
- Initial results after 3-1/2 months into deployment & adoption
There are a lot of key takeaways within this paper. The biggest one that I hope you will walk away with is: Enterprise 2.0 is a challenging effort. Yes, there are risks. But Intel hasn't discovered any new risks introduced with 2.0 technologies that doesn't already exist with 1.0. We believe the opportunities outweigh the risks. In fact, we are convinced that inaction carries much greater risks: that the enterprise will not realize the benefits that social computing can deliver, and that employees will increasingly turn to external, unsecured tools for communication. IT has a leadership opportunity to get ahead of and deliver emerging platforms, at a fraction of the cost of "standard" collaborative infrastructure, to enable their business to stay one step ahead of the competition.
I hope you enjoy the paper. I welcome your perspectives and learning about that strategy that is yielding success for you.