It’s the week of Infocomm and I am pleased to share the latest news about our Intel Unite® solution. We designed the Intel Unite® solution to offer a scalable, cost effective, and easy-to-use collaboration tool. This week we launched the Intel Unite® Cloud Service, which makes our collaboration vision accessible to organizations of all sizes. Customers now have choice in how they want to deploy the Intel Unite® solution, whether that is in the cloud or on premises.
The Intel Unite® Cloud Service has the same features you have come to expect from our on-premises offering: more secure, wireless content sharing that integrates with commonly used collaboration tools and supports remote users and guests. The difference is, instead of requiring on-premise PIN server management, this function can now be managed in the cloud – all you need is the Intel Unite® app on your device, an Intel® vPro™ platform-based computer in the collaboration space, and an Intel Unite® Cloud Service subscription. This means that organizations of all sizes can get a cost-effective, enterprise-quality collaboration solution with potentially lower overhead costs.
Businesses of all sizes continue to turn to cloud computing for its flexibility, efficiency, and overall cost effectiveness. This includes a growing number of small businesses. Gartner predicts that 28% of spending in key enterprise IT markets will shift to the cloud by 20221. In addition, small businesses allocated more than 20% of their 2019 IT budgets to cloud-based services2.
Based upon an internal study conducted by Intel, small businesses are estimated to run nearly a quarter of their apps in a cloud-based environment3. Small businesses surveyed reported that they expect cloud usage to increase, and communication/collaboration apps remain the most popular cloud-based apps4. Intel wants to support organizations of all sizes with enterprise-quality collaboration tools, as well as provide choice and flexibility in deployment for all our customers.
Premium user experience
It was important to us that the Intel Unite® Cloud Service offers the same features and benefits that our users expect from the on-prem option – no watered-down feature set. The Intel Unite® solution provides a premium experience for end users with enhanced features:
• Easy meeting join to allow users to schedule and join directly from Outlook* on Windows*-based devices, start ad-hoc meetings in an instant, and collaborate without even touching the screen with ultrasonic join and badge login.
• Native touch to allow users to manage meetings, annotate on the screen and control the Intel Unite® app from the touch display. Users with Windows 10 clients can untether from their devices and control their presentations from the room display.
• Video playback with audio to enable users to share HD video and audio with in-room participants.
An IT-friendly tool
We are committed to providing a seamless experience for IT. The Intel Unite® solution is built on top of the Intel® vPro™ platform, which means it is designed with security features, stability, and manageability in mind. With advanced telemetry, IT and facilities management also have access to a broad set of data including room usage, connectivity status, and session connections.
To deliver a modern collaboration experiences to users, we rely on innovative hardware solutions from our partners. In our Infocomm booth this year, we are showcasing hardware solutions from our partners, including:
• Dell pairs its large format displays with its smallest, most powerful commercial desktop – the OptiPlex Micro - enabled with Intel Unite® solution to improve collaboration and meeting productivity by transforming existing collaboration areas into smart, secure and connected spaces.
• HP and Intel Unite® solution makes collaboration fast and easy with one-touch control and wireless sharing. Ditch the frustrations, wasted time, and cable clutter of traditional collaboration space setups with one of HP’s Intel Unite® solution offerings: HP EliteDesk Mini PC, HP Elite Slice G2, or HP EliteOne All-in-One.
• Newline TRUTouch displays and Intel Unite® solution enables users to share ideas quickly with wireless content sharing and encourages strong, more collaborative brainstorming by bringing participants’ ideas front and center.
• ViewSonic ViewBoard 4K Interactive Flat Panel Display for group communication and the Intel Unite® solution make collaboration easy by allowing users to connect and interact with meeting content in real time, from any location where they have a corporate network connection.
If you want to learn more about what the Intel Unite® solution can do for you, please see us at Infocomm in booth 3300. You can also visit one of our panel discussions.
• The Future of Workspace Design: 6/11, 1:30 PM - 3:00 PM
• Wireless Presentations Systems and BYOD Implementation: 6/12, 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM
• Using Meeting Room Data to Improve User Experience: 6/12, 9:30 AM - 11:00 AM
• Scalable Meeting Room Design: 6/13, 1:30 PM - 2:30 PM
For more information about the panel times and locations, check out the Infocomm event website.
In the meantime, you can learn more about the Intel Unite® solution at intel.com/unite.
Also, stay tuned to this channel tomorrow to learn about the plugins that help enable the Intel Unite solution to easily integrate with existing collaboration tools.
3Intel CHOPS Research (https://intel.northernlight.com/document.php?docid=IL20181114040000020&datasource=INTEL&trans=view&caller=resultslist)
4Intel CHOPS Research (https://intel.northernlight.com/document.php?docid=IL20181114040000020&datasource=INTEL&trans=view&caller=resultslist)
Legal Notice and Disclaimers
Intel technologies' features and benefits depend on system configuration and may require enabled hardware, software or service activation. Performance varies depending on system configuration. No product or component can be absolutely secure. Check with your system manufacturer or retailer or learn more at intel.com.
Cost reduction scenarios described are intended as examples of how a given Intel- based product, in the specified circumstances and configurations, may affect future costs and provide cost savings. Circumstances will vary. Intel does not guarantee any costs or cost reduction.
Intel, the Intel logo, Intel Unite and Intel vPro are trademarks of Intel Corporation or its subsidiaries in the U.S. and/or other countries.
*Other names and brands may be claimed as the property of others.
© Intel Corporation