Back in February we wrote about a reference architecture we were working on with Dell for SAP Connected Health Platform and SAP Medical Research Insights. Following the SAPPHIRE NOW & ASUG Annual Conference last month in Orlando, Florida, we’re pleased to bring you more information.
SAP Connected Health Platform exists to help healthcare organizations combine and analyze data sources to deliver personalized medical treatment. It breaks down barriers between data sources for real-time analysis of such divergent streams as:
- Electronic medical records, including unstructured information like clinical case notes
- Genomic and other biological data
- Data from the Internet of Things generated by medical or personal health devices
Since 2006, we’ve been working with SAP to optimize SAP Connected Health Platform and SAP HANA—the platform on which it’s based—for Intel processor-based platforms. In fact, it runs exclusively on our architecture. Add Dell’s most powerful server—the PowerEdge R930—into the mix—and you have a recipe for a robust platform that can easily handle the high variety, velocity, and volumes of big data.
And how well does it handle it? In our benchmarking, we took datasets covering more than two million patients with 1.5 billion interactions, and found that it took just seconds to generate reports. Because we’ve tested all the hardware and software components of this architecture, organizations can implement it quickly and reduce the time it takes to derive meaningful outcomes for their patients. What’s more, organizations can arrange virtual or physical visits to the Dell Global SAP Center of Excellence in Germany to talk to experts, see demonstrations, and access test systems.
We’ve said it before, but personalized healthcare is happening today, not tomorrow. The barriers to entry are getting lower all the time, and we’re proud to be working with our partners like Dell and SAP to get them lower still.
- Access the full Whitepaper: SAP, Dell, and Intel Speed Time-to-Value for Powerful Health Analytics
- The Data Stack: Big Data Solutions Inside, Further Sustainability Outside
- Changing Data Landscape: Leverage Healthcare Big Data for a Better Care Environment
- Contact the author on LinkedIn
We’d love to keep in touch with you about the latest insight and trends in Health IT so please drop your details here to receive our quarterly newsletter.