Please note this is a guest post from HPE*
We started down the express lane on March 31st with new product innovations and are not letting up on the gas now. We are keeping the momentum going in June with our latest introductions of options, Scale-up servers and solutions.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise helps you continue to accelerate your compute journey with these new offerings on HPE ProLiant Scale-up Servers:
- The new Intel Xeon E7-8800/4800 v4 Processors[i]: Offers unparalleled performance and availability for business critical applications with up to 27% increase compute performance and 33% higher cores[ii] for HPE’s Scale-up servers (ProLiant DL580 Gen9 and, Integrity MC990 X and Superdome X). The HPE ProLiant DL580 Gen9 Server won seven leadership results, the most of any vendor on the Intel leaderboard for benchmarks with the newest Intel® Xeon® E7-8890 v4 processors.
- 25GbE Networking Adapters: Provides 56% increased performance at 27% TCO savings over 10GbE or 40GbE[iii] and can scale to 100GbE.
- Accelerate Application Performance with HPE DDR4-2400 MHz Server Memory: Delivers faster data transfer speeds with up to 23% better memory throughput and up to 25%[iv] improvement in latency with HPE DDR4 Server Memory modules. Running at speeds of up to 2400 MHz for faster application load times and increased responsiveness of data-intensive apps and programs.
HPE is also delivering new solutions that support modernizing your infrastructure and provide the performance and power needed to enable a data driven organization and accelerate your transformation to a hybrid cloud.
- SQL Server Reference Architecture: unlock up to 3x[v] faster performance in Microsoft SQL Server 2016 environments with HPE ProLiant DL360 and DL380 server equipment with the industry leading HPE 8GB NVDIMMs.
- Oracle Reference Architecture: HPE Scale-up portfolio delivers end-to-end solutions with the performance, scalability and availability features needed for your most demanding data-driven environments. With the added HPE Application Tuner Express (ATX) on the HPE ProLiant DL580 Gen9 we can see up to approximately 10% performance increase. [vi]
- Skype for Business: HPE and Microsoft Skype for Business solution leverages our 30-year partnership to deliver an enhanced experience that improves productivity for thousands of users.
No matter the size of your scale-up environment, HPE can deliver the right mix of performance and scalability to get your business ahead and keep the competition in the rear view mirror!
For more information:
- Visit hpe.com/servers, hpe.com/servers/benchmarks and hpe.com/info/options
- See other blogs at Servers: The Right Compute here
- Read the March 31st Press Release.
[i] Intel and Xeon are trademarks of Intel Corporation in the U.S. and other countries.
[ii] Intel performance testing, http://www.intel.com/performance, comparing measurements on platform with two E7-8800 v3 vs E7-8800 v4. November 2015.
[iii] Internal TCO Analysis using a normalized .6 server ration of 10 DL380s, 20 10/25GbE NICS and 5950 Switch - 27% Lower TCO (vs. 10 GbE – fewer ports/switches) at 56% increased performance
[iv] HPE internal labs estimate, up to 23% better performance up to 25% improvement in latency in comparison of DDR4 2400MHz to 2133 MHz, March 2016.
[v] HPE Reference Configuration Improving SQL Server 2016 Performance w/ Persistent Memory-DL380. June 2016. www.hpe.com/info/RA
[vi] HPE Reference Architecture Comparing Oracle 11g and 12c performance on HPE ProLiant DL580 Gen9 and 3PAR StoreServ 7450c. June 2016. www.hpe.com/info/RA